Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Writing kanji down on paper is a great way to remember kanji

If you feel remembering kanji is hard, you can try to write like ten times for each kanji(for example, 5 kanji/day)

And you can finish All N5 kanji in 21 days.

I'm learning kanji like this when I was a kid, so I know it works like a charm.

A suggestion is make a thread in this forum section and upload your kanji handwriting everyday, 30 minutes every day and you will find that you can recognize more and more kanji. So just give it a try!

I use this method too. This method doesn't work only for kanji, but many other things.
This is one of the first pages of my exercise book.

Description:
In the first row, I've written "raw word".
In the second one, I've written reading in hiragana/katana (it doesn't matter, f.e. I practice more katakana, a good way for practicing your kana).
In the last one, I've written the meaning of the word.

頑張ろう!

良い一日を!

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20200626_201129.jpg

I mostly rely on Wanikani to learn Kanji, however, I can vouch for writing them. The site itself kind of skips out on teaching you to write the Kanji, which I think is a big mistake, so I try to teach myself the stroke order by looking up the Kanji I learn on Jisho, and by trying to write them multiple times throughout the day.

This was also what helped me learn Katakana at a decent pace- writing it down over and over and over again.

For also, I'd recommend if anyone here wants to attempt to write lots of Kanji / Kana, to invest in a whiteboard. Although I myself love writing on paper (who doesn't?), it can save paper and be good for writing throughout the day.

Anyways, getting on with it, here's today's page of my notebook. I wrote down all of the kanji I learned today- those being 二、七、人、入、八、力、十、工、口、女 (wrote that one two too many times lol)、山、and かわ.

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20200626_225725256.jpg
Quote from Nessie on June 27, 2020, 6:09 am

I mostly rely on Wanikani to learn Kanji, however, I can vouch for writing them. The site itself kind of skips out on teaching you to write the Kanji, which I think is a big mistake, so I try to teach myself the stroke order by looking up the Kanji I learn on Jisho, and by trying to write them multiple times throughout the day.

This was also what helped me learn Katakana at a decent pace- writing it down over and over and over again.

For also, I'd recommend if anyone here wants to attempt to write lots of Kanji / Kana, to invest in a whiteboard. Although I myself love writing on paper (who doesn't?), it can save paper and be good for writing throughout the day.

Anyways, getting on with it, here's today's page of my notebook. I wrote down all of the kanji I learned today- those being 二、七、人、入、八、力、十、工、口、女 (wrote that one two too many times lol)、山、and かわ.

By the way, you can use this kanji list, you can click the kanji to the kanji page, and it will show every kanji's stroke order.

https://marshallyin.com/all-kanji-list/