Forum

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumJapanese: Casual DiscussionSelf-introduction
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Self-introduction

You can say hello and introduce yourself here!(Such as your country, your Japanese level and your hobby)

Let me introduce myself first!

I'm Marshall. I live in Japan and I'm a student in the university of Tokyo. I major in management in the university.

I like anime, games, painting and web design.

I enjoy helping others so I made this website to teach Japanese.

I think Japanese is a very interesting language so I hope all of you can master it and have fun!

Hello! こんいちは!

I'm Inko (not my real name) and I live in Perth, Australia. 私のなまえはインコといいます。 私はパースにすんでいます。

I used to learn Japanese in high school, and since then have been trying to learn it on and off, but haven't really got anywhere with it.
I'm studying by myself. Recently, I bought a Kanji practice book, so that helps. I know all hiragana and katana, and I don't know how many words, but I know a lot. Japanese grammar is my weak point. (I don't know how to write this in Japanese lol)

I enjoy anime, manga, drawing/painting, listening to music, (sometimes editing music), cycling, and birds/bird-watching. 私のしゅみはげいじゅつと水泳とサイクリングです。アニメと漫画と音楽と鳥が好きです
I have a pet セキセイインコ and an 犬。

よろしく。

がんばって!

Oh yeah, I also like reading, psychology, history and travelling! Woops.

Quote from Inko on February 13, 2020, 5:22 am

Hello! こんいちは!

I'm Inko (not my real name) and I live in Perth, Australia. 私のなまえはインコといいます。 私はパースにすんでいます。

I used to learn Japanese in high school, and since then have been trying to learn it on and off, but haven't really got anywhere with it.
I'm studying by myself. Recently, I bought a Kanji practice book, so that helps. I know all hiragana and katana, and I don't know how many words, but I know a lot. Japanese grammar is my weak point. (I don't know how to write this in Japanese lol)

I enjoy anime, manga, drawing/painting, listening to music, (sometimes editing music), cycling, and birds/bird-watching. 私のしゅみはげいじゅつと水泳とサイクリングです。アニメと漫画と音楽と鳥が好きです
I have a pet セキセイインコ and an 犬。

よろしく。

がんばって!

Hello Inko! Nice to meet you!

By the way, 「Japanese is my weak point」→私(わたし)は日本語(にほんご)の文法(ぶんぽう)が苦手(にがて)です。

Hello. My name is Punji,

I live in the east coast of Canada,

I have zero formal training(no schooling, no lessons, nothing) in learning Japanese, and have merely picked up a tiny chunk of the spoken language. most of which I've picked up from Anime & Video games or Gaki no tsukai.

I'm a Game developer, looking to possibly sometime down the road land a job supporting some Japanese dev's or be the English speaking rep. be that remotely, or moving to japan for work. I know next to nothing about the written side aside from a certain symbol that is memorised for whatever reason (ん). so hopefully I can start memorising the rest of hiragana/katakana

I need to break the habit of relating the symbols/stuff back to romaji/English as I'm noticing when reading/testing that i'm searching the symbol for English letters. the worst symbol visually for me is (を) as i see it as "THC" which has no relation to the "O" sound it makes. so it and many other symbols don't make sense to me until i can break relating it back to my native tongue.

Physically speaking, i'd describe myself as the "オレンジ色の背の高い山" seeing as i'm a 198cm tall red head, but i'f you've got a better description, i'd love to hear it haha.

(maybe "オレンジ色のカエデの木" might even be a better description seeing as i'm Canadian.)

Takeshi Kitano is one of my favourite actors, loved him in Battle Royale. also that fact i grew up watching mXc which was just a re-dubbed Takeshi's castle without even knowing it.

Matsumoto's Documental was a great watch as well, hopefully more get translated on amazon because the Downtown crew and other comedians are great.

I'm on twitter

and here's my up to date AnimeList

Quote from Punjifunji on February 13, 2020, 7:43 pm

Hello. My name is Punji, I live in the east coast of Canada,

I have zero formal training(no schooling, no lessons, nothing) in learning Japanese, and have merely picked up a tiny chunk of the spoken language. most of which I've picked up from Anime & Video games or Gaki no tsukai.

I'm a Game developer, looking to possibly sometime down the road land a job supporting some Japanese dev's or be the English speaking rep. be that remotely, or moving to japan for work.

I know next to nothing about the written side aside from a certain symbol that is memorised for whatever reason (ん). so hopefully I can start memorising the rest of hiragana/katakana

I need to break the habit of relating the symbols/stuff back to romaji/English as I'm noticing when reading/testing that i'm searching the symbol for English letters. the worst symbol visually for me is (を) as i see it as "THC" which has no relation to the "O" sound it makes. so it and many other symbols don't make sense to me until i can break relating it back to my native tongue.

Physically speaking, i'd describe myself as the "オレンジ色の背の高い山" seeing as i'm a 198cm tall red head, but i'f you've got a better description, i'd love to hear it haha.

(maybe "オレンジ色のカエデの木" might even be a better description seeing as i'm Canadian.)

Takeshi Kitano is one of my favourite actors, loved him in Battle Royale. also that fact i grew up watching mXc which was just a re-dubbed Takeshi's castle without even knowing it.

Matsumoto's Documental was a great watch as well, hopefully more get translated on amazon because the Downtown crew and other comedians are great.

I'm on twitter

and here's my not up to date AnimeList

Wow! Punji, You are very tall! Nice to meet you! By the way, you can refer to the gojuon course and take some quizzes to help you remember hiragana and katakana! I'm planning to make a very structured course series to help people learn Japanese from zero to hero for free, so you can count on me. And Feel free to ask questions in the forum!

Howdy, my name is Kuma (not real) I live in Southeast Asia.

I plan to attend a Japanese learning center and I have been doing a lot of online courses and I recently bought a book on Kanji and how to write them.

I spend most of my time playing rhythm games, watching anime, or reading books, my favorite artist would probably be the utaite sanapri, (hence the username)

I hope we can all get along!

Quote from sanaprifan on February 14, 2020, 11:01 pm

Howdy, my name is Kuma (not real) I live in Southeast Asia.

I plan to attend a Japanese learning center and I have been doing a lot of online courses and I recently bought a book on Kanji and how to write them.

I spend most of my time playing rhythm games, watching anime, or reading books, my favorite artist would probably be the utaite sanapri, (hence the username)

I hope we can all get along!

Nice to meet you, Kuma!

Hi there, I saw this website from Reddit. Have yet to try out the features but will be looking forward to trying them out when I have free time!

I'm hirumakyo. Living and working in Singapore, been learning Japanese on and off close to 7 years now. Working as a web developer and planning to aim for degree study in Japan next year(finger crossing). Passed N2 JLPT last year but it's a barely passed since I didn't studied that hard at all(/_;)

I like to play games, read novels and manga. I also like to play badminton on the side.

Hope I can strengthen my Japanese more.よろしく!