Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Progress Log --- October 2020

What you have learned this month?

You can reply to this thread when you learned something every day or every other day and stop it for a while when you are too busy to learn Japanese. It all depends on you!

I think it's way better to share the same thread with others so you can find that you are not alone! We are always here!

You can share the new tools you use recently! or some good methods to learn kanji/vocabulary/grammar

Everything is okay!

An example:

I have learned 10 new kanji today and learned 5 grammar rules.

reviewed grammar rule 過ぎ/前、すこし、and ~中.

practice the kanji I learned before by writing them on paper.

10/01/2020

For me, it's not exactly "learned" but I just started talking to myself in Japanese 🙂

Of course, I do it when I'm alone or when I'm walking outside and no one hears me 笑 >_<

Spoken Japanese is so much harder than written Japanese.

I hope I can speak better soon!

Quote from ビアンカ on October 2, 2020, 3:46 am

10/01/2020

For me, it's not exactly "learned" but I just started talking to myself in Japanese 🙂

Of course, I do it when I'm alone or when I'm walking outside and no one hears me 笑 >_<

It's a great way to practice speaking Japanese! By the way, you can repeat after Japanese TV series! This is a great way to improve your pronunciation!

Quote from Marshall on October 2, 2020, 4:01 am

10/01/2020

It's a great way to practice speaking Japanese! By the way, you can repeat after Japanese TV series! This is a great way to improve your pronunciation!

I think I'll do that too. But sometimes they speak very fast! I can't keep up...

Quote from ビアンカ on October 2, 2020, 5:38 am

10/01/2020

I think I'll do that too. But sometimes they speak very fast! I can't keep up...

Follow what you can follow, and you will find that you can follow more and more.

Quote from Marshall on October 2, 2020, 7:01 am
Quote from ビアンカ on October 2, 2020, 5:38 am

10/01/2020

Follow what you can follow, and you will find that you can follow more and more.

なるほど!Thanks for the advice! I'll do this for sure 🙂

After skimming through n5 grammar, I decided to read a novel and man, I had to learn a ton loads of kanji just to finish the prologue. What I understood was that you can't read japanese even if you learn all jouyou kanji. But I had fun reading the novel. I guess after a bit of rest, I will continue to chapter 1.

Quote from Rusian on October 14, 2020, 9:10 am

After skimming through n5 grammar, I decided to read a novel and man, I had to learn a ton loads of kanji just to finish the prologue. What I understood was that you can't read japanese even if you learn all jouyou kanji. But I had fun reading the novel. I guess after a bit of rest, I will continue to chapter 1.

That's right, I will make some reading materials (kanji are clickable)if you want😊,such as News or something.

Quote from Marshall on October 14, 2020, 2:15 pm
Quote from Rusian on October 14, 2020, 9:10 am

That's right, I will make some reading materials (kanji are clickable)if you want😊,such as News or something.

Please do by all means. You can use the source you think suitable.