Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

【Closed】Ask Question(September 2020)

Quote from ¯_(ツ)_/¯ on September 27, 2020, 6:14 am

どうやってこれを日本語で言うの?I want to post this to HiNative, where I've contributed hundreds of answers to Japanese questions. Many of them have been supported (or "liked") by native speakers, but I've still made mistakes on several of them, and I want to ask about their opinion of having a non-native speaker constantly answering for them.

"To natives that have seen my many answers to other Japanese questions:

Have I done a good job of answering so far? Have I made any big mistakes? Am I annoying you by constantly making myself appear qualified to answer these questions? Please let me know. I really enjoy helping others learn Japanese, and I'm also learning more by doing this, but I want to make sure I'm doing it right. And I'm sorry if I'm not."

ネイティブスピーカー

私の答えはどうですか?大きな間違いをしたことがありますか?いらいらしませんか? 知らせください。日本語を教えることが好きですが、ちゃんとしたいです。気に入らなければ、すみません。

This is just my translation attempt . . .

Quote from Rusian on September 27, 2020, 12:04 pm

手持ちぶさたでここに来てみたけれどー, what does 手持ちぶさた mean in this sentence?

"Because I have nothing to do" or "because I'm bored"

Quote from DokGY on September 27, 2020, 12:42 pm
Quote from ¯_(ツ)_/¯ on September 27, 2020, 6:14 am

どうやってこれを日本語で言うの?I want to post this to HiNative, where I've contributed hundreds of answers to Japanese questions. Many of them have been supported (or "liked") by native speakers, but I've still made mistakes on several of them, and I want to ask about their opinion of having a non-native speaker constantly answering for them.

"To natives that have seen my many answers to other Japanese questions:

Have I done a good job of answering so far? Have I made any big mistakes? Am I annoying you by constantly making myself appear qualified to answer these questions? Please let me know. I really enjoy helping others learn Japanese, and I'm also learning more by doing this, but I want to make sure I'm doing it right. And I'm sorry if I'm not."

ネイティブスピーカー

私の答えはどうですか?大きな間違いをしたことがありますか?いらいらしませんか? 知らせください。日本語を教えることが好きですが、ちゃんとしたいです。気に入らなければ、すみません。

This is just my translation attempt . . .

Not exactly what I wanted to say, but thanks anyways!

What is the difference between 「分かってるんですね?」 & 「分かってます(よ)ね?」?

Quote from DokGY on September 29, 2020, 3:42 am

What is the difference between 「分かってるんですね?」 & 「分かってます(よ)ね?」?

わかってるんですね is stronger than わかってます(よ)ね