Forum

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Ask Questions(May 2021)

You can ask questions here!

都会は秒刻みのあわただしさ

What is 秒刻み?

Quote from DokGY on May 4, 2021, 10:39 am

都会は秒刻みのあわただしさ

What is 秒刻み?

count by the second

この地球ほしほしのどこかでえる。

Why do sometimes the furigiana is something different than the actual kanji?

For example, here the kanji is earth (), but we have star as the furgiana?

Is this just an artistic effect?

My humble guess would be, because hoshi also holds the meaning of planet (usually not including the earth tho) .

So they might be talking about the planet earth and thats why they chose the characters for earth.

Quote from DokGY on May 6, 2021, 10:32 am

この地球ほしほしのどこかでえる。

Why do sometimes the furigiana is something different than the actual kanji?

For example, here the kanji is earth (), but we have star as the furgiana?

Is this just an artistic effect?

It's used to emphasize the word.

What's the difference between 何も (なにも) and 何にも (なににも)?

Can I use 何も in a positive sentence?

Hi Marshall,

It's probably not the right place to ask this, but I'll give it a shot. I make 3d models for VRChat (social game in VR that can be used in many ways, one of which is learning new languages) in my free time. Recently I've been thinking about making one avatar, that would just have a book with notes from your lessons. So the person using the avatar, could try and communicate in japanese and if they were to forget something or weren't sure about a word/grammar they could simply find it in the book they're holding.

I'm using the game to try my caveman-level japanese to talk to japanese folks, and many times I just forget words or kanjis, so having a book like that would be convenient.

If I were to make an avatar like that, I would like to make it public so other people could also use it.

Obviously, I would be crediting You on every page I'd make, giving a link to Your website on the top of the each page, taking as little credit as possible.

I wouldn't like to somehow monetize it, making it free to use for all the people that find the avatar.

So I can't promise You anything other than maybe some random people wanting to check out the website outside of vr.

I have no idea how long would it take to make the avatar, since it would be my side project, but I'd like to know if You're okay with me making it before I even start, so I wouldn't be putting time into nothing.

And of course, If You're not okay with it, it's perfectly fine, I'm just making sure if I have a green light to do it, thanks in advance!

Quote from havir on May 7, 2021, 6:14 pm

Hi Marshall,

It's probably not the right place to ask this, but I'll give it a shot. I make 3d models for VRChat (social game in VR that can be used in many ways, one of which is learning new languages) in my free time. Recently I've been thinking about making one avatar, that would just have a book with notes from your lessons. So the person using the avatar, could try and communicate in japanese and if they were to forget something or weren't sure about a word/grammar they could simply find it in the book they're holding.

I'm using the game to try my caveman-level japanese to talk to japanese folks, and many times I just forget words or kanjis, so having a book like that would be convenient.

If I were to make an avatar like that, I would like to make it public so other people could also use it.

Obviously, I would be crediting You on every page I'd make, giving a link to Your website on the top of the each page, taking as little credit as possible.

I wouldn't like to somehow monetize it, making it free to use for all the people that find the avatar.

So I can't promise You anything other than maybe some random people wanting to check out the website outside of vr.

I have no idea how long would it take to make the avatar, since it would be my side project, but I'd like to know if You're okay with me making it before I even start, so I wouldn't be putting time into nothing.

And of course, If You're not okay with it, it's perfectly fine, I'm just making sure if I have a green light to do it, thanks in advance!

It's okay! go ahead😊

Thank You ❤️, I'll let You know when I publish the avatar in game. But don't expect it anytime soon 😀